Although you can easily buy the ideal, brand-new, turnkey condo today, you may not find it with the perfect view or the ideal neighborhood. This is why there are times when you should truly think about whether it’s time to remodel a condo. After all, the process isn’t that difficult.
What to add When You Renovate Your Condo
Once you’ve found your dream location in Tampa Bay, it’s time to think about what type of condo you want. Your real estate agent will help you sort through those that are available, but keep in mind that when you remodel a condo the price point is more important that what’s currently inside the walls themselves. Some of the things you may wish to imagine yourself adding when it’s time to renovate a condo include:
- In your kitchen you’ll want granite or quartz countertops with a built-in pantry. You’ll want to replace your upper cabinets with deep, well organized pull-out drawers. Top all this off with stainless steel appliances and you’ll have the kitchen of your dreams.
- When you’re ready to update the master bathroom when you remodel your condo replace your existing tub with a roomy walk-in shower – including a frameless glass door, bench, rain-forest shower head, multiple jets, and a hand-held shower unit. Of course, if you have enough room you may still want to include a freestanding tub. Don’t overlook the little luxuries like a warming towel bar and faucets that are art features.
- Opt for hardwood flooring or a high-end wood laminate with a dark stain in either maple, Brazilian cherry, or walnut throughout your entire condo. This will visually enlarge the space, especially when you have extra-deep baseboards and crown molding. This works better than wall-to-wall carpeting and you can still define spaces easily – simply use some area rugs to do so. You’ll appreciate this a lot when you are at home.
- Get rid of any popcorn ceilings. Replace them with a paint like Benjamin Moore’s Ice Mist. Some other great ceiling treatments include creating a beamed ceiling, cove ceiling or decorative inset with metallic wallpaper or paint. You can include crown molding or cove molding here as well then tack some perimeter lighting behind it to create some light and architectural detailing.
Achieving Your Ideal Condo
When you’re willing to remodel a condo, there are a few steps you’ll want to remember so that you can make your dream come true. These include:
- Always choose your ideal location first. You can transform almost any condo, but you can’t transform any location.
- Hire an interior designer who specializes in working with condos.
- Create a budget but know you’ll probably exceed it by 10% -15%.
- Set aside 3 – 6 months for a full-scale renovation.
Don’t pass up the opportunity to renovate a condo that you find “almost perfect.” Even if you don’t have time to do it yourself, you can hire us at Hybrid Construction LLC to do it for you. With so many highly satisfied customers over the years, we promise you’ll be the next to take a condo from “unreal” to “ideal” with our help so contact us today.
Image credit: HobokenHome7