One of the best ways to improve your home’s resale values is by completing a bathroom remodel. When you’re thinking about undertaking such a project, there are a few key considerations you’ll need to make.
Your vanity anchors your bathroom’s design since it’s central to both your routine and your bathroom’s physical space. You can update it by simply refacing the cabinets. Of course, you can also rip everything out and start all over again too. In that case, you should think about a few things:
• A floating vanity adds a modern touch with its clean lines floating at whatever height you prefer, which means more floor space is available.
• Placing your vanity at a comfortable height is more convenient than stooping or overreaching. This is why the standard 32” high vanity has been replaced with a standard 36” today.
• Including a second sink allows you to accommodate your family better.
Showers and Tubs
Standard showers and tubs are built for function, not for inspiration or relaxation. By updating or enhancing their features you’ll transform your bathroom from basic and functional to enjoyable and relaxing. There are a few ways of accomplishing this:
• Add a freestanding tub to give your bathroom a quick visual turnaround. These tubs make a design statement instead of simply serving as a sunken necessity.
• Including multiple showerheads isn’t only a luxury, it’s also a convenience. This is especially true when you install a handheld style to accompany your stationary rainfall showerhead
• A curbless walk-in bathtub is a great addition in your bathroom remodel because it makes it safer and more accessible for older adults and those with disabilities.
Floors and Walls
Flooring and wallpaper grows outdated and when you’re doing a bathroom remodel this is the best time to update these things. As you do so, think about your:
• Tiling: There are many affordable options available. Today, wood grain tile is very popular, but you can also opt for matte black tile, arabesques and octagons, or patterned tile. Many of these can also be used as backsplashes for behind your sink or as an art feature.
• Paint is an easy way to upgrade your bathroom. You should opt for colors that promote cleanliness, warmth, and positivity like light blue, green, cream, or blush.
When you’re doing a bathroom remodel you should think of other ways you can make your bathroom more appealing like:
• Smart bathroom technology (e.g. integrated speakers, voice-activated lighting, smart mirrors, digital showers) makes your daily rituals easier and more enjoyable.
• Installing a newer standard model toilet doesn’t waste as much water as older, standard toilets – saving up to 50% of water.
• Radiant heat flooring warm your feet and heat your bathroom on cold days, which also reduces the strain on your home heating system.
When you decide what type of amenities you want to include in your bathroom remodel, contact Hybrid Construction LLC. They’ve done many bathroom remodels over the year that home owners were highly satisfied with. It’s time for your bathroom to be next.
Image credit: ErikaWittlieb