One of the most popular home renovations is a kitchen remodel. It doesn’t matter the extent of this remodel; it can be as simple as swapping out your current cabinet hardware to as extravagant as doing major demolition. These projects are popular, nonetheless.
The Reason Being Kitchen Remodeling’s Popularity
Many families are spending more and more time in their kitchens today. This is because there are so many tasks that they’re performing in this part of their home. When you stop to think about all this, you can easily understand why a kitchen remodel is consistently ranked as one of the top home renovations you can make today. Doing so will help you recoup a large amount of money when and if you choose to sell your home. In fact, most of the time when your kitchen remodel costs around $63,829, you can expect to recoup about 59% of your investment.
Items to Invest in When Remodeling Your Kitchen
There are so many different things that you could incorporate into a kitchen remodel that it’s easy to become overwhelmed. However, there are some things that are definite “must haves” here. These include:
- Installing a deep, double sink will allow you to soak dishes on one side then wash them on the other. Of course, washing and prepping produce for a meal is also easier.
- When you have a kitchen island that’s surrounded by bar stools it’s more convenient to eat breakfast or grab a quick snack.
- Making sure that your kitchen remodel includes smart kitchen storage is a good idea. Here you’ll have storage solutions that are built into your cabinets and pantry. These include things like shelves that slide out, nooks where you can stash your paper towels, and custom designed areas that are a great place to put your mixer and other appliances. All this goes a long way towards making your kitchen more functional.
- Whenever possible you should have outdoor access from your kitchen via a sliding patio door. This makes it easier for you to do everything from enjoying coffee on the back deck to engaging with some friends as you do outdoor entertaining.
- Placing lighting underneath your cabinets is great for both ambient and task lighting. With it installed you’ll find it easier to see what you’re working on, unlike what even the best placed overhead light could do for you.
- Adding a warming drawer (a slide-out drawer to keep your prepared foods warm until you’re ready to serve them) is great for when you are entertaining.
- Incorporating a beverage station or an informal bar will help limit the amount of traffic flowing through the kitchen so it’s easier for your chef to prepare your meals.
Envisioning the way your new kitchen will look after you’ve completed its remodel is exciting. With all the choices you have available today you can truly transform this high-traffic area of your home into one that works for both you and your family. If you need some help creating such a coveted space, make sure you contact Hybrid Construction LLC today.